hasard warning flasher

cquisuila

So my switch from americanautowire.com appears to be discontinued - already! I had a tough time finding anything 4-pole let alone push/pull. "Je regret . . . "

American Autowire 500221 - American Autowire Hazard Flasher Switches

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aww-500221

Not Available

American Autowire Hazard Flasher Switches

Flasher Switch, Hazard, Pull Style, Constant, Single Throw, Four Pole, Brass, Natural, Each
See More Specifications

aww-500221_xl.jpg

I ordered this switch through KMS Tool here in Canada and picked it up at the store. Still expensive, you don't want to know what that little switch cost in the end. But at least KMS Tool shielded me from seeing all the nickel & dime charges that when totaled-up, usually exceed the cost of the actual item. I try to buy at home if at all possible. Rockauto is excellent to research P/Ns, then go to one of my discount jobbers and order the item. Failing that, rockauto and those courier companies get my business. My purchases always exceed $100 but no free shipping in the lower 48 for this cowboy!

Chemical products are tough to find here. Our market is to small with too many hoops to jump through. I found an old can of BG44 fuel system cleaner in the back of one of my cabinets, bilingual too. Unobtainum for decades.

Venting, sorry. But I now give careful thought towards online orders.

I knew that by buying an american car, I would have difficulty in obtaining the parts in France and Europe

The shipping to France is expensive and if the part cost a little price as $10, the delivery cost is $30-40....

ROCK AUTO is a good alternative bit as the parts come from various sites, the delivery cost is multiplied by the number of sites

I'm not even talking about the customs tax....

It is the life ! ;)

Fortunately severals parts exist in France as the hasard switch for example....

• Like 2

here my diagram for my riviera 1966

image.png.0f4cffbda361fd7beab0e689bf12fde6.png

- i added a hazard flasher unit in the fitting

i will use this hasard flasher, only when i use the hazard switch

- the hazard switch is efficient all the time without ignition switch

it is protected by fuse on clock feed

Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)

2 hours ago, cquisuila said:

here my diagram for my riviera 1966

Does the '66 Riviera have dedicated turn signal and brake light circuits? If not, many questions such as pin-out of that hazard switch. Better to take a live feed from the Tail Light fuse.

Simply a 4-pole switch spliced into the running lights at each corner of the Riviera (red X). The 5th terminal would come from the flasher which is fed from a fused live 12V feed.

A 3-pole is possible (1-Right front 2- Left front and 3-Brakes) but a 4-pole is better.

Your chosen 4-Way switch may have a light so, definitely require a schematic.

This is from a 1964 Shop Manual. Not sure on details for 1966. I'm assuming signal/stop lamps for the rear is shared as in Gen-1 Rivs:

image.png.915ea930c06fc5c33cbd13f9920c632b.png

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)

Factory and period aftermarket units are designed to allow brake lights to override the flasher when the brake is applied.  Otherwise, it may not be apparent to the car following behind you when you are braking (especially at night).

- yes i can put a control lamp on pin 6

i think that i can connect from this pin 6 to MY CLUSTER (wires : dk blue and light green)!

- the factory diagram for 1964 is the same for 1966 ;)

only the colors on wires are different

Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)

• 9 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 2:37 AM, cquisuila said:

hello

i can't find the switch for hasard warning flasher ?

however there is the flasher in the fuse box

Can i have to  install one ? i don't understand ;)

WP_20201212_11_38_37_Pro_LI.jpg

Kinda looks like mine. I zoomed in on it, still don't know which one it is.