Model 20 Axles

PMac

I have two axles for a Model 20. These are the later type with tapered ends, keyways and threads for a securing nut.  They are for a standard track car (not Southern track). They are in very good condition with good bevel gears, keyways and threads. I would like to trade these for some parts I am seeking for my 1910 car. Some of the parts I am seeking include:

• Brass cap for the crankcase breather tubes
  • Front spring-to-axle u-bolt x 1
  • Spare tire carrier brackets for rear chassis
  • Primer cups for cylinder pots
  • Owners manual for 1910 car

My preference is a trade and I am open to other items. Send me a PM if this interests you.

Thanks,

Peter

image0 (6).jpeg

• 7 months later...

Jeff,

Absolutely! Thanks for thinking of me with the breather cap. It is the one piece of the car I am yet to find. I would be happy to send you the axles if you can make use of them. I will drop you a note off line.

Cheers,

Peter

2 hours ago, Simon Anderson said:

Simon thats cool i had planned on 3d printing a wax version for lost wax casting but, are breather caps available from you? price if so.

Also Peter I will evaluate my axles in the next few weeks and let you know i didn't see a message from you but you may not have sent one yet i am in no hurry. 

Edited by Jeff Spear (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff,

Apologies for the delay.... just back from a short vacation. I sent you a PM just now.

Simon, if Jeff doesn't need the axles, I would be happy to help out your Aussie connection. I have friends travelling back home to Brisbane in a few months time so we may be able to have them help with the logistics. I dropped you a note a while back re your printed breather caps. They look great. Any chance of another production run for these?

Cheers,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steve Hughes said:

If you still need the breather cap, I have found a source.  Classic Autopart Reproduction Service - CARS the has them available at $48 as shown in their catalog.  Here is a link to the catalog.  Just scroll down a few pages.

http://www.brassauto.com/cars8.html

Hope this helps someone out.  What is the clip that was mentioned?

The reproduction is a one piece brass casting which covers the two up-pipes.  The original cap was a thin brass pressed cover with a riveted clip to hold it in place.

16 hours ago, trimacar said:

The reproduction is a one piece brass casting which covers the two up-pipes.  The original cap was a thin brass pressed cover with a riveted clip to hold it in place.

Thank you David.  So what this sounds like is that the reproduction would probably look right when installed, but really isn't correct.  If someone is making a correct one I would be interested in getting one.  That is one of the few pieces that is missing on my 1911 touring.

Steve thank you for the info on that company they look like a good resource. I see they have gas headlamp mirrors I will need those. 

I don't think there repo vent tube cover looks correct not that it matters much as David said maybe the factory even made different styles. I will still attempt casting some I am also in no hurry for that part.  I do have a drawing for the original but no way of knowing if there was more than one style produced.