1939 BUICK NOS U-Joint. For Special & Century. Vintage U.S.A. Quality.

Jolly_John

Here's a new-in-box, vintage u-joint that fits 1939 BUICK, 40 and 60 series. High quality, made in U.S.A. back in the day. All new attaching bolts (eight included, one was in the bathroom, when I took the photo) and four bolt locks. This is an odd one, which only fits '39 Special and Century.

The price is $60, plus the shipping.

873814987_071(850x677).jpg.596350b09a326300304274f3a465196a.jpg

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

Sorry, Barney....but, to use your words, you ARE way off on this one. Perhaps you haven't had the pleasure of taking a '39 torque tube apart! Believe me, I have, during the nearly 50 years I've enjoyed playing with these wonderful 1939 BUICK's. This u-joint is in there.

Anyone who is interested can check their 1939 shop manual, section 4, page 5. This u-joint I have for sale is shown. It is located between the front and rear drive shafts that run inside the front and rear torque tubes.  A person can also refer to the 1939 BUICK shop manual section 7, page 10 for a further description of this u-joint, which is found in 1939 40 and 60 series cars. John

• Haha 1

Thanks for the clear picture, 1939_Buick. Illustration "AL" shows the complete u-joint and yoke assembly.

The NOS u-joint offered for sale in this post is a replaceable part of the u-joint and yoke assembly. I also have a complete NOS u-joint and yoke posted for sale elsewhere on the forum. Here's a link to that item. Looking at the complete assembly may help others see where the u-joint itself fits in. John

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/361532-nos-1939-buick-u-joint-with-yoke-special-century-part-1309468/?tab=comments#comment-2205443

• Like 1

• 1 year later...