1936 Series 40 master cylinder rebuild

Rock10

We just got our sleeved master cylinder from Bob's. It came with a rebuild kit but no instructions. Does anybody have an instruction sheet? In particular, there are 2 rubber washers of different thickness. I know 1 goes on the back cap but I don't know which one or where the other one goes.

Quick edit: I can't go by the one that was on the car because it wasn't the original Master Cylinder. Slightly different design.

TIA.

Jeff

Edited by Rock10 (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Gary W said:

Here's the link to my '37 master cylinder rebuild:  (Just touch the arrow in the upper right corner)

Thanks. Looks like my kit except I have 2 black rubber washers. The thin one would stretch over the nub on the rear cap, but the thick one fits around it. Any thoughts? Waiting to contact Bob's tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Oldtech said:

Not an expert on this model but I have seen cylinders that the washer goes in first to sort of seal the discharge valve that goes on the bottom of the spring,

Yeah but which one? I have two.

Ok. Re read original post and it sounds like yours has the removable end so my description is off.  If it goes on the little nub on the end cap it is whichever one fits. Use the thickest if it fits properly. 

Update:

Here are pictures of the rear plug and the 2 washers. The fat one is .180" and the thin one is .085"

The second pic shows the fat one on the plug and the third pic is the thin one that fits under the nub on the plug.

I still haven't found any info on where they go.

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

8 minutes ago, Oldtech said:

Good Pictures. Judging from that the thin one is correct. Thick one is a spare.  Any other opinions?

I would tend to agree, but why a spare ?

We may go ahead and put it together with the thin one and hope for the best.

Thanks everyone.