Electrical Problem in 1935 Buick Special 46c

Gentlemen, I have a 1935 Buick Special 46C.  Shortly after the big freeze in Texas I started the car.  After the starter dragged a little it started and ran well.  I went back two weeks later and tried to start the car.  The starter made a one second crank and then nothing.  The gauges did not work, the headlights did not work, nothing worked.  It was dead.  I changed out the battery to a spare 6 volt I have and again nothing.  I put a voltmeter on the old battery and it was still showing 6.25 volts so no problem with the battery.  I think it is a blown fuse of some type.  Any thoughts?

John P., BCA #50690

I have a 35 41 series and it only has a fuse for the headlights. I had a loose connection under the dash at my starter wires that I sometimes would have to jiggle around before the starter would work,however when I turned the ignition switch on the ampmeter showed discharge like normal.Dose it have the vacuum starter switch or just a push button?Greg

If you have no lights or anything the problem is either battery connections- quite likely, a bad cable - possible but not so likely, a loose connection. either on the big cable to the starter, or one of the ground straps.  Power goes from the battery to the starter to everything else so check there first. 

• Like 1