62 Buick Special trim code

Mark62

My trim code is 140, could not find any references to that color, it looks original, but I am not sure. Also was the undercoating a dealer or factory applied, it’s still pretty much intact after 60 yrs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

5E46E08B-5899-48F6-8510-AEA03D11D9C2.jpeg

6D4C2D97-5CD1-48C2-B076-DDC7443F6D5F.jpeg

92D9B090-1BFF-4BA5-8951-8E56640B51EB.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

TeamBuick has a great website with all of the Buick identification codes explained including the Special. 

Must admit could not find trim code 140 listed in 1962 or 1961 or 1963. However the convertible colours were often one digit difference than the coupes and sedans so if 139 is listed, may be same colour. This may have been because the convertibles were trimmed in all vinyl whereas the coupes and sedans were often cloth and vinyl.

Thanks for showing the invoice as it helps explain how some of the options were grouped together as a package rather than identified individually.

Did you have some exterior photos of your Special Deluxe convertible?

FWIIW the body number 4168 is one digit from the style number 62-4167 which is interesting!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice car, I like the color combo. The Skylark has the 4 barrel carb and they didn’t make a 61 convertible and the 63 has a different body style, is that correct?