1939 Chrysler Imperial

This is an absolutely fantastic automobile that has been completely restored. A large amount of time, effort and money has been spent on this Imperial and it shows. 
1939 Chrysler Imperial with original and numbers matching 324 cubic inch flathead straight eight engine and overdrive transmission. This is a dry clutch car (not a fluid drive). It has the original Stromberg AAV-2 carburetor and the original automatic choke works perfectly. The tires are brand new radials but have the original look. The body and paint are fantastic...recent paint job (black). The interior has been redone in a fabric much like the original and the car starts, stops and runs down the highway just as it should. The brakes have all been redone, the rad, belts, hoses, starter, generator, exhaust system have all been rebuilt or replaced. This car is simply one of the best examples of a ‘39 Imperial you can find...and it’s for sale. The car is located in St.Thomas,  Ontario (between Detroit and Toronto). The list of things this car would need to be close to perfect is short and would be inexpensive. The dash glass and gauge faces need to be redone (Reg Evens will make these look like new for a very reasonable price) the original light switch has been replaced with an aftermarket one. Door lock knobs are wrong, needs a couple of side mirrors and the red “Chrysler” on the hubcaps needs to be repainted...That’s about it! If you are looking for a vintage Chrysler that will turn heads everywhere you go and can cruise down the highway at 70 MPH all day long, this ‘39 needs to be a serious consideration. I’ve owned three ‘39 C23’s (an Imperial and two New Yorkers) and I’ve been around these cars since I was 6 years old...believe me, this is one of the best ones out there. 

319E0234-4CBB-4E87-9F91-014BDC229F28.jpeg

6AA8D4EC-75B1-427F-B011-56A4CB25F3CF.jpeg

22D29A1D-F43D-4101-B88E-0926E7854FD1.jpeg

2DDF506B-9299-4D9A-87AB-81D0E274589A.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...