1923 Buick 41 6 cylinder

Philip Watts

Hello I am based in England and have the opportunity to purchase
a 1923 Buick 41 Coupe (6 cylinder) that is here in the UK

As you can imagine they are not that common in the UK and as far as I can
discover, there is no UK Club.

My reason for contacting the Forum was to ask  advice as regards the availability of basic 
maintainance spares in the USA/North America  as it would seem the most logical place for me to buy such items. Any advise would be gratefully received. Best wishes from the UK.
p.s. Can we have our Prince back now Oprah?
ok maybe forget the last bit.
Cheers
Pip 

IMG_2316.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Great car.

If she in good repair and runs and drives fine now,  go for it.

Spare parts would be more plentifull in the U.S. but you won't fine them instantly,but will eventually ,we hope.

More bothersome is shipping costs to get anything to you if and when the time comes,and maybe never,but for tuning up items.

Possibly Harry and Megan can smuggle back small items for you when they make their visits back.

Don't loose their U.S. telephone number!😝

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hair splitting perhaps, but I believe the 1923 Model 41 was referred to as a 2 door , 5 passenger Sedan rather than a Coupe. Probably a fairly rare car.

The open topped touring's were much more popular from as sales point of view when new, and with later day car collectors. Quite a few 6 Cylinder Buick survivors

from this era , just mostly touring car's. Parts are fairly common compared with many other cars of this era.

Greg

8 hours ago, Philip Watts said:
Hello I am based in England and have the opportunity to purchase
a 1923 Buick 41 Coupe (6 cylinder) that is here in the UK

As you can imagine they are not that common in the UK and as far as I can
discover, there is no UK Club.

My reason for contacting the Forum was to ask  advice as regards the availability of basic 
maintainance spares in the USA/North America  as it would seem the most logical place for me to buy such items. Any advise would be gratefully received. Best wishes from the UK.
p.s. Can we have our Prince back now Oprah?
ok maybe forget the last bit.
Cheers
Pip 

IMG_2316.JPG

Assuming your Buick is US built example - Buick built 8719 of these Model 41 two door touring sedans in 1923. Compare that with 45,227 Model 45 touring cars. The 41 was $1975, the 45 was only $1195.