1941 Dodge 3 window Business Coupe on Craigslist in Houston. Pretty Nice

Saw this over on Craigslist.  I know the 3 windows have a following and this one looks pretty good.  Wish they had added more interior photos. Might be all the money but I don't think it's too overpriced if so considering what it would take to get a 10G car to look like this. 

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-1941-dodge-luxury-liner-coupe/7284854758.html

1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Business Coupe with fluid drive. This rare 3 window vehicle is an original car. It runs excellent and has approximately 68k miles. The car has new brakes, rebuilt wheel cylinders, new wheel bearings, new master cylinder, new fuel pump, new bearings in the original rear end, rebuilt carburetor, and more….

You will also receive some extra parts, such as a distributor tune-up kit, 1941 headlights, the original master cylinder, etc. In addition, you will also receive two original car brochures from 1941 and the Service Manual. 

Dodge’s trusty flathead six displaced 217.8 cubic inches and was rated at 91 horsepower for 1941, an increase of 4 horsepower over 1940. The transmission is the 3-speed manual with Fluid Drive. 

The name says it all. This 1941 Dodge Luxury Liner was the pinnacle of luxury, design, and presence for pre-war production cars. The Luxury Liner name comes from the era in Dodge's D-series cars where they really started to understand design. The headlights were not only integrated into the fenders, but also are an extension of the grille design. The 1941 saw the introduction of Fluid Drive for Dodge cars, which eliminated stalling or bucking if the clutch were released too quickly. This feature put a fluid coupling in between the engine and the clutch, although the driver still had to shift gears manually.

00i0i_gLphkhYF1xRz_0b009i_600x450.jpg

00000_lvIcD1r0UrJz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg

00P0P_1q50dIQDfpMz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg

00808_bvdTHGKhDfJz_0i90gJ_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_dBNcdBCEGTrz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

Didn't the 46? Dodge or Chrysler on Ebay bring upper teens ?  Though it was definitely original,  not as attractive as a 41 and this one specifically.  I don't really think if it's as nice as it appears low 20's is too unrealistic.  Seems 4 doors this nice are bringing low teens. 

As far as I can tell, the six cylinder mopars of 41-51 vintage do not bring any money.   The exception might be the 42 Desoto.   Your Wafayer Roadster is the top of the heap,  and 30k should buy the best one in the world.   I think this car is a high teens car if it is as nice in person as it looks in the photos.

• Like 2

Just now, plymouthcranbrook said:

And the heck of it is they are really good cars as far as engineering and reliability go.  And I think they look good as well.  Never will understand the lack of interest in them. That said it does give us poorer folk a chance to be in the old car circle.

Indestructible.   And a great support system.   I drove a 49 Special Deluxe 2 door for my Junior and Senior year of HS.   At least until I got my GTO running.

The issue is they were economy cars to begin with,  so they are not as loved in the market now.    

• Like 1

I thought it looked good too, E mailed the seller, they said its original, except for the paint and interior! Sent some interior pictures, non original material and pattern on the seats and door panels.  Not exactly original I would say.   

• Haha 1

I thought it looked good too, E mailed the seller, they said its original, except for the paint and interior! Sent some interior pictures, non original material and pattern on the seats and door panels.  Not exactly original I would say.   

When I was younger was much more into and more tolerant of non original.  Now I've done a 180 and if things are not original, especially the interior, I lose interest in a hurry.  Agree 100% with auburnseeker spend the extra time and money to source the proper fabric.  Not sure, thought it was just me but maybe originality has made a comeback. Remember in the 80's when guys like Boyd Coddington cut up real nice original cars and some of them went for huge money.  For a while there it seemed hot rods were worth more than original. Now I breeze right past anything modified. Chalked that up to me getting old, but??   

As an ex mechanic these older cars are much more appealing since with a shop manual and my tool box I can figure out and fix pretty much every part of them. Very satisfying. Compare that to my Chevy Volt which is cheap to run, but I think has 27 computer modules! Probably more computing power in that car than on Apollo 11.  Me fixing it, forget it!

A cruise in a nice original condition oldie is as close to time travel as you will get.

PS Exception to the rule on modified is auburnseekers Cord!  Pretty cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

They just posted the pictures that include the interior and dropped the price to 21,500.  Shame the material looks so off.  Why do people do that.  The material is the cheap part of an upholstery job and the first thing you see. 

When I follow the CL link above I see still the 24,500 price and no interior shots.   Is it listed somewhere else too?

21,500 is getting close to the right price which I think is high teens.

If you get jitters to buy it,  just take another look at the =interior and that should help put the fire back down to a smolder. ;) 

Yes they could have done worse,  but that fabric just screams wrong to me.  I like my Hudson truck and though it has issues,  the interior in white and baby blue tutone with the fuzzy grey headliner irks me more than rest.  The squeaky vinyl rubbing together going down a rough road,  and it doesn't take much roughness with that spring stack,  just keep telling me you really need to do this interior over.  Problem is, it was professionally done so it's not terrible like the Dodge here,  just looks completely wrong.