What Is It

AHa

42 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Do you know the setting for this pic?   Is that a war memorial with cannon perched on top?

I've seen this photo a number of times --because I like Palmer-Singers-- and this is what is attached to the original reference photo:

"Driver in 1909 Palmer-Singer automobile in front of Fort Washington historical marker"

https://digitalcollections.detroitpubliclibrary.org/islandora/object/islandora%3A176292

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 2:40 AM, AHa said:

Craig,

What can you tell us about a Palmer Singer? There  is very little on the web. Did they use a T head motor of their own design? There appears to be one of the 6-60 cars existing.

AHa, sorry for the late reply. I don't know about their engine/design and I have been looking for period article I had that would answer your quetsions. I can tell it's a 6 cylinder, 6-60, as the 4 cylinders are distinctively shorter.

Leif, my standard catalog has a little information on the men who built the company but very little on the cars themselves. The 6-60, which was their 6 cylinder model is rated at 40 horse and the company had strong ties with Matheson. In one picture on the web, it appears the 6-60 had a T head motor but it is a limited shot. There is no way to know for sure from that picture. I'm just curious.