36 37 crank cover

JACK M

The seller asked me to text him a couple of pics of my original and we have exchanged a few texts about our vehicles now.

He lives just over in the next county, probably less than a half hour away and wants to see an actual original one.

So I invited him over for the Nickle tour sometime. I suspect that we have probably crossed paths some where in the past as I drive my cars all over the area and have lived over there when I was younger,

I get the impression that he wants to make these covers as accurate as possible.

He tells me that he hangs out on the H.A.M.B. and has had interest there too. 

He dropped by yesterday and brought the one that he had made. He didn't have an original to copy but his looked pretty good.

He has a pretty nice center section that he fitted to.

We took mine off of the car and he took measurements and pictures. He found that his curve was a little off, but I didn't notice that.

He works at a machine shop and wants his to be perfect copies.

I suggested he make some better kind of way to attach as we now know that the originals will fall off of the car with the right bump.

(ask me how I know that) I keep mine zip tied from the rear.

Nice guy, I wish him luck.

Contact him thru this C/L ad above should anybody be interested.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2021 at 8:11 AM, JACK M said:

He dropped by yesterday and brought the one that he had made. He didn't have an original to copy but his looked pretty good.

He has a pretty nice center section that he fitted to.

We took mine off of the car and he took measurements and pictures. He found that his curve was a little off, but I didn't notice that.

He works at a machine shop and wants his to be perfect copies.

I suggested he make some better kind of way to attach as we now know that the originals will fall off of the car with the right bump.

(ask me how I know that) I keep mine zip tied from the rear.

Nice guy, I wish him luck.

Contact him thru this C/L ad above should anybody be interested.

His ad expired, can you share his contact information and some photos please?