What is it 1915-1920.

Leif Holmberg

12 hours ago, Bob McAnlis said:

I believe it is earlier than you think.  Perhaps a 1912/13  Prince Henry Benz.    

The car in the original posting by Leif Holmberg has a coachwork built in Sweden, the radiator got a peak at the same process. At leats Gustaf Nordberg's  bodies were sometimes equipped with those Brooklands-style windshields

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Uploaded an image of a Berliet with a similar shark nose front during the Swedish Summer Trials of 1913. Although it is not the same car as in the mystery picture (different front fenders and windshield, artillery wheels), my impression is that the wheel hubs of the mystery car are more Berliet- than Benz-like. Also the rest of the body is very similar to the Berliet. The shark nose front definitely doesn't have a French origin. Could the coachbuilder have been Nordberg? On the site coachbuild.com a Mors can be found with a  slightly different type of shark nose, but similar in appearance.

Svenska Motorklubbens Sommartävling 1913 (Hjalmar Janek i Berliet).jpg

Edited by Ariejan NL (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I do not believe they are correct. A problem of course is that the complete body including hood and radiator has been a coachbuilder's job, probably by the earlier mentioned Nordberg. I uploaded the Norberg Mors image too and you will notice the similarity of body and hood with your car. What normally remains original of course are chassis and wheels. The rear springs with C- and half elliptic spring combination were used by Berliet and not by Benz (who used a half elliptic spring with outward bent dumb iron). Moreover you will notice the similarity between the wheel of a 1913 Berliet and the wheel on you car: if you compare these you can almost read the text on the wheel of your car. Also you can compare the wheel with a Benz wire wheel of the same period and you will notice the difference in wiring system.

Benz 1912-1915 39-100PS.jpg

Berliet 1914c torpédo-limousine cond. int. carr. Faurax.jpg

Mors 1915 by Nordberg.jpg

• Like 1