4 door sedan-what manufacturer?

AURktman

I used to be an Engineer on that ferry.  The Dodge wasn't there in those day's.  Sure looks run down compared to when it was a working ship. I always thought one of our retired ships would make a great storage space / workshop. But waterfront land to either tie it up , or land it ashore if worth huge money in this part of the world. A few of our ships went for very low prices when they reached retirement. The plan was to dig a big trench with a cat , float the ship in ; they actually are a lot smaller underwater than you think, and backfill the trench with the cat.  But the land you would need would be several million $ these days.

The two elderly brothers that own that ship are multi millionaires but live like a pair of old hermits. They bought lots of land around here years ago for peanut's . They used to have a big yard full of old cars and trucks on a property across the river from where the ship is moored , but eventually the authority's gave them tons of hassle and the majority were scrapped.

Greg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

I used to be an Engineer on that ferry.  The Dodge wasn't there in those day's.  Sure looks run down compared to when it was a working ship. I always thought one of our retired ships would make a great storage space / workshop. But waterfront land to either tie it up , or land it ashore if worth huge money in this part of the world. A few of our ships went for very low prices when they reached retirement. The plan was to dig a big trench with a cat , float the ship in ; they actually are a lot smaller underwater than you think, and backfill the trench with the cat.  But the land you would need would be several million $ these days.

The two elderly brothers that own that ship are multi millionaires but live like a pair of old hermits. They bought lots of land around here years ago for peanut's . They used to have a big yard full of old cars and trucks on a property across the river from where the ship is moored , but eventually the authority's gave them tons of hassle and the majority were scrapped.

Greg

Here is the video of it recently, its in horrid shape.  Looks like she was a nice ship at one time.