The Model 18 Packard is a nice driving car............I was recently offered a fine example from 1909. If I had room, I probably would have bought it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tunick Bros. said:

My father was David Tunick 

Back in the Fall of 1965 I drove across the country to deliver a Jaguar XK120 I had worked on. From Seattle , Washington to Washington D.C. Took the opportunity to see New York City on the trip. I was just a 21 year old kid , first time to “The City”. Had to detour , sightseeing North a bit, up U.S. 1. After crossing into Connecticut, I spotted a fascinating old car yard on my left. So of course, I turned around to see. Turned out to be your father, and I had the pleasure of a wonderful visit with him. He was extremely nice to me, and I remember a Type 51 Bugatti sitting there. Of course he was into Brass, primarily, and he is the only pioneer early collector I ever got to meet in person. That was a very special day for me, and I am double lucky that the weather was calm and dry, so I could spend quality time with your dad and some of his cars.

Welcome, Tunick ! I hope you will be able to spend time here with us, and further enrich our lives !   -   Carl 

• Like 1

Hi Carl,

It makes me extremely happy to hear your story , truly.

I read some of your prior comments earlier in the day and it inspired me to join .

I can assure you that in my picture file collection my father's membership cards must be plentiful.

What other cars did you see ? by the way the T 51 was Chiron's race car , he came to visit it and I have those pictures .

thank you for making me feel welcome 

Yours,

Stephen 

BUGANTICS DHT CHIRON 20002 (1).jpg

BUGANTICS DHT CHIRON 20003.jpg

BUGANTICS DHT CHIRON 20001.jpg

CHIRON TYPE 51 GRAND PRIX CAR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...