Temperature Gauge

Bullfrog_eng

OK, so it's too hot in the shed to do any more on the DA (41 deg. C/106 deg. F) so time to sit here in the cool and ask something I have been thinking about for a while. I do not have a temperature gauge (cos they didn't have one) and I don't really want to fit one permanently (cos they didn't have one)! I have had the engine running and used a laser infrared thermometer to keep an eye on things, but that won't be real handy when I run it on the road. I am happy in the long term running without a gauge, but only after I have confidence that all is OK. I have thought of using an old bulb type gauge (ie. not electric) for the time being, but wondered if there was anything else. I would have thought there would have been some sort of wireless thing by now, but I have not found anything.

What do you other blokes do?

Thanks, John

Wow, now that aftermarket gauge looks great. I never thought of that as an option as I have never seen one (of the correct period), did not know they existed. Only ever seen 1960s and later which look wrong to me on a 20s car. Perhaps I should keep my eyes open.

Thanks fellas, food for thought.

A temp and oil gauge are so important I think because by the time you smell it or hear it to much damage is done. I don’t think anyone would ever knock you for having a temp gauge even if it looked a little out of place. The oil light  idea is also a great idea on top of your gauge. 

• Like 1