1970 Plymouth Duster 340. $24,495 Not Mine

Body is as I mentioned laser straight. But is does have some bubbling on the lower left side forward of the rear wheel and the lower right side rear of the wheel. (See photos) It’s hardly noticed when standing next to the vehicle and really doesn’t take away from this truly super straight shiny muscle car. Also there’s a slight dent in the front center section of the hood.(See photo) Bumpers are what look to be original to the vehicle and are showing their age and could use re-chroming to take the car to the next level. Tires are BFG Radial T/As with plenty of life left mounted on 14” factory rally wheels.

Interior is very nice with a few patched holes in the headliner. Nothing slightly. It has newer carpet, dash pad, new Legendary Interiors front seat foam and seat covers as well as a nice woodgrain floor shift console. Rear seat is original as well as the door and rear side panels and are in great condition. The rally dash is fully functional including tachometer and all gauges.  Although after 50 years, I do question their accuracy. AM radio is partially there just for looks. All dash lights, interior lights, cigar lighter, E brake light, headlights, directional lights, flashers, fan speed and heater controls function as they should. Wipers work but do not park. 

The engine is the numbers matching 340. It’s relatively new when it comes to mileage (under 1,000 miles) but age dates back to 2012. It’s built to stock specs with its original “X” series cylinder heads, up graded Mopar electronic ignition and only an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold and Edelbrock 600CFM electric choke carburetor. Exhaust exits through factory HP exhaust manifolds and out through a stock sounding dual factory one year only code N41 turndown exhaust tips.

I have no idea if this is a good or bad price on a nice 340 Duster, but even if it's a bad price, it shows what a good value these are compared to other Muscle cars of the mid 60's - early 70's. I really like these early Dusters when they're clean and per the factory, though I can overlook the air cleaner and valve covers on this one since they look mopar aftermarket. He does say there's a little bit of bubbling somewhere on the car but it's fairly inconspicuous. I remember seeing these in this color - or close to it - when they were new.

1970 Plymouth Duster | eBay

1970 Duster 3401210201347 - YouTube

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• JamesR changed the title to 1970 Plymouth Duster 340. $24,495 Not Mine

I drove a '70 Duster with Rally wheels to high school my senior year. Mine was a 318 3 speed floor shift bench seat car. I really liked that car even though it was a long way from 340 power. Like mentioned above the Dusters are good muscle cars that can be bought at good prices compared to some of their stable mates. Much like the '68-'69 Ford Torinos and '66-'67 Dodge Chargers, good cars for a lot less $$.

• Like 2