Help me ID this station wagon!

JefferyB

I took a photo of this Station Wagon at “Custom Auto” in Central New York for a series of car illustrations I’m creating. I neglected to take a photo of the make and model and the car has since sold (oops!). I contacted Custom Auto - they said it was a 50’s Dodge, but I could not find the specific car online. Would love help identifying the make and model, and the year if possible so I can do more research! Thank you!

58A33094-B1C5-4E29-9FDA-035E22B7AC3A.png

I visited your site and like your illustrations. They look to be very stylized, so I don't know how accurate you get, but if you're wanting your illustration to be period, that car wouldn't have had just trim rings on the wheels back in the day. More likely it would've had full wheel covers, which you can now research since you have the year and model of car.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:33 PM, JamesR said:

I visited your site and like your illustrations. They look to be very stylized, so I don't know how accurate you get, but if you're wanting your illustration to be period, that car wouldn't have had just trim rings on the wheels back in the day. More likely it would've had full wheel covers, which you can now research since you have the year and model of car.

Those wheels in the photo are aluminum mag wheels, with bright rims and dark-painted spokes. Happy New Year, everyone! 

33 minutes ago, lump said:

Those wheels in the photo are aluminum mag wheels, with bright rims and dark-painted spokes. Happy New Year, everyone! 

Even less era or car appropriate. Thanks for the clarification, though...the photo was a little too dark for me to make out what was on there.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

OK, I'm back, and thanks for the ID! This illustration is taking me much longer than I thought, so I hope to finish up this season - 2021. Yes, I do stylize my illustrations so you can see the characters inside the windows, but I do want to be as accurate as possible (Which is why I reached out to this group - THANKS for all the comments btw, very helpful!)  I will research the wheel covers and add on. 

On 12/13/2021 at 5:15 AM, JefferyB said:

OK, I'm back, and thanks for the ID! This illustration is taking me much longer than I thought, so I hope to finish up this season - 2021. Yes, I do stylize my illustrations so you can see the characters inside the windows, but I do want to be as accurate as possible (Which is why I reached out to this group - THANKS for all the comments btw, very helpful!)  I will research the wheel covers and add on. 

Here you go....https://www.ebay.com/itm/133916848751?hash=item1f2e10f26f:g:dzkAAOSwP6phefsy