Screen Side Delivery

1937hd45

Bob, you are correct. This one is about '24 because of the headlight bar to keep the fenders from rattling and shape of the rear wheel spokes. The first was dated because of the seven rim clamps. When the military bought a bunch of DBs in 1917 for WW1 they insisted on 7 clamps.  They were used in early '18 too.  I can give you the email of the one for sale. I think it's a '27. We can make a road trip as long as we stop at Speedy Bills for a day. You pay for gas and FOOD. 

Doug, I gotta correct you on that '24 guess. Headlight bars appeared in '21. Late '22 and '23 were taller hood and radiator and curved cowl at windshield. Cab was a little longer too. I would say it is a '21 or an early '22 like my screenside. '24 was the 1st year for the square bottom doors and the longer 116" w/b.

The screensides the military bought were they produce before the October 1917 start of production I'm asking this question because I own a screenside that was produced June, 2 1917 frame number 159389 and there is very little information on the early screensides the other interesting thing is the frame has the upper gas tank bracket riveted to the frame the lower strap has been grouned off and mine has a glove box in the dash.

100_1807.JPG

100_1806.JPG

100_1356.JPG