1959 23-Window VW Van for sale on BaT

I know there aren't a lot of these left, but with still a day and a half to go, it's hard for me to swallow it's present bid of $101k.  Someone could buy a really nice full classic for that kind of money.  To each his/her own, I guess.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-volkswagen-959-volkswagen-deluxe-23-window-bus/

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, suchan said:

Someone paying that kind of money must never have driven one. Major POS. Underpowered, terrible handling, and pray you never get in a front-end collision. Cute, though.

Next up: First series Ford Broncos!

So it's not just me.  I thought I was the only one who felt that way...except that I don't consider them cute.  :)

On 12/10/2020 at 10:12 AM, suchan said:

Major POS. Underpowered, terrible handling, and pray you never get in a front-end collision.

Exactly right!

Back in the 70's when these were still fairly common, we hated them when they'd show up at repair facilities and we were forced to work on them.  We considered them the most offensive vehicle known to man.

In the words of Eugene Levy, "If you think hate it now, wait 'til you drive it."

truckster.jpg.7d5a856b3f63e76e976fc04e8e75dd29.jpg

I'm sorry but I just cannot wrap brain around 145 grand for a VW!  Those cars were under powered, the interiors were not of the highest quality.  They were made for economy and the driving experience was hum drum!  I don't see it!

• Like 2

Once again, mythology influences the market, i.e, it's cultural impact is way overestimated in that price. The same thing would happen to some vintage electric guitars back when I had a music store.

Let's see...how many Yugos could I buy for $145,000? They might just be the next VW bus!

• Like 1