For Sale: 1928 1/2 Studebaker Commander GH sedan - $57,000 - Orondo, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1928 1/2 Studebaker Commander GH sedan - $57,000 - Orondo, WA

Vintage 1928 Studebaker - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1928 Studebaker Commander, 6 cylinder, completely restored. It comes with additional professionally rebuilt to like new condition, an extra engine, transmission, and rear end. The existing engine, transmission, and rear end are still working just fine with good compression and which I believe have a total of 42,000 miles. It has a new Mohair interior, new rubber seals, window wind seals, brakes, top, radiator, tires, and all parts newly painted and plated parts newly chromed. $ 57,000 O. B. O.

Copy and paste in your email:

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1928 1/2 Studebaker Commander GH sedan.

Note: Though optimistically priced, this posting is to make those seeking a late '20 car with capable performance potential aware of this model.  Half way through the 1928 model year, Studebaker restyled the Commander GB to the LaSalle-inspired Commander Series GH.  The chassis for both GB and GH were continuation of the Commander EW and President ES Big Six powered by the 354 cu.in. engine on the 120" & 121" wheelbase.  The engine was a 'torque monster' in a relatively light chassis.  For comparison, both the Packard and Lincoln eights had been 358 cu. iin. contemporary to the Big Six.

'28 Studebaker Commander GH WA a.jpg

'28 Studebaker Commander GH WA b.jpg

'28 Studebaker Commander GH WA c.jpg

'28 Studebaker Commander GH WA d.jpg

'28 Studebaker Commander GH WA e.jpg

'28 Studebaker Commander GH WA f.jpg

'28 Studebaker Commander GH WA g.jpg

'28 Studebaker Commander GH WA h.jpg

6 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Nice looking car but maybe $40K too high?

Yeah. Somebody's trying to recover their investment.

58L-Y8, thanks for the interesting commentary. Sounds like a fun car, but not for 57 large.

1 hour ago, suchan said:

Yeah. Somebody's trying to recover their investment.

58L-Y8, thanks for the interesting commentary. Sounds like a fun car, but not for 57 large.

You're welcome!  For a realistic price in the $15K-$20K range in this condition, a Commander GH or the other models cited could be one heck of an enjoyable 1920's car to own for touring.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I live in Washington State. I don’t spend a lot of time shopping anymore, but I have been stumbling across this Stude for a couple or three years now on local C.L. I can’t quite remember at the moment, but one of our very active members in Louisiana sold a similar one, a red one with white wheels, a little while ago. As with almost any sedan of this period, it did take a relatively long time to sell.  I don’t recall his handle here , but I think his name is Ken. Although I could be wrong about that,  I am 100% certain that he really knew his stuff and is a very talented mechanic and restorer. IIRC, I think that he is a pretty good hotrod artist, too. He probably would be able to give an accurate market value.     -    Carl