1912 Buick Model ?

1932V8

Hello all. My name is Mike. I just joined this forum. I have been a car guy my whole life (52yo) My focus is early Fords, 32 - 40 being my target years. I have a few old Ford's ranging from completely stock to 50's Hot Rod. My wife and I enjoy the cars and travel in an old car whenever possible.  

I recently bought a 1912 Buick Model ?  28 or 30. I have ask a few others and strangely enough I haven't recieved a definitive answer.  The previous owner unfortunately passed away so the car information went with him. The car is amazing to me and I am looking forward to enjoying it. I need a fair amount of help as I know nothing about the car but I certainly look forward to learning.  

20200730_140714.jpg

Edited by 1932V8 (see edit history)

Trimacar  is the resident Buick expert from this era on here.....They are quite popular, and there are others as well. Dave....chime in. Looks very nice......should be a fun car.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Thanks, Ed, but I’m no “expert” by any means.

The only early Buicks about which I can hold my own are 1909-10 Model 16 and 17.  In fact, I’m updating the roster for those two models only, if you have one and I haven’t been in contact with you lately, please get in touch.  David.coco@comcast.net

1932V8:

Congratulations on your NEW BUICK! 

The stance and details on this car tell me it is a 1913 Model 30

The Model 30 should have a 108" Wheel Base. Originally offered in Blue-Black or Gray.

Let us know where you are located for local help. And more pictures.... We love pictures!

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new car. Where are you located?  Your car has the same engine as my '13.  There are a number of us that have that car.  Another persons that has LOTS of experience with that engine is Mark Shaw.  Both he and I tour our cars quite a bit.  Let us know what you would like to know.

PS: only post a question one time, not in three different places.

Thank you Larry Schramm. I posted first in this introduction forum.. then I thought I made a mistake and I should have just introduced myself here and then made a post in the Pre War forum, so I did.. I apologize for the confusion.  I will make sure I only post my questions one time and in the correct forum which I believe is the Pre War forum..

Thank you

• Like 1

Hey Marty. I am in Northern CA.  1 hr North of San Francisco in a town called Windsor. 

At this point the car has no spark. It has a Bosch magneto. I have pulled apart the point end of it and will clean it and check the points and the gap... then I will go from there and see what I have 👍