1985 Riviera Convertible Colors

J3Studio

The ROA site lists four exterior colors for the 1985 Riviera convertible:

http://rivowners.org/features/Ev_Stats/colortrim/85.html

—they are the expected White and Red Firemist, along with Light Sage and Medium Sage. I can find no evidence anywhere else that Light Sage and Medium Sage were available for the convertible—in fact most of my sources describe those two colors as only being available for the sport coupe, and not for either the convertible or the T Type.

Does anyone have any insight into this difference of opinion?

28 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

I have never seen an original rag top in anything but white or red colors with a white top and red interior.

Thanks, as always, @Pat Curran — if I don't find some other information, I'll likely reach out to our ROA folks and ask for a change.

19 minutes ago, RivNut said:

I put a convertible top on my 84 that matched the seats. Anyone at the 2005 meet in Eureka Springs probably saw it. 

@RivNut I'll bet that looks sharp—do you have a picture easily available? I took a look at the Riview archives, but the July/August 2005 issue only has a fairly low-resolution photograph.

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)

Any chance that Light Sage and Medium Sage were the two tone combination used on the XX cars.... including the pace car and someone 

thought those colors were used on convertibles?

Everything I have read indicates that Riviera convertibles were only available in white or red

• Like 1