Wanted: Rear spare tire rack for 1933 Plymouth

RevWags@aol.com

5 hours ago, RevWags@aol.com said:

I need an undamaged rear spare tire rack for a 1933 Plymouth PD.  My car is a Rumble Seat Couple, but I don't think the tire racks are different for the different body styles.

3 hours ago, DFeeney said:

Hello,  I think you will find out they are different. This is where a parts book becomes important.  I believe I have one from a sedan.  Don

Looks like this is all in Group 22-J in the parts book. A whole column of fine print for the PC and PD. The good news is that it looks like PC and PD are the same. The bad news is that the “Wheel carrier assembly” varies based on both body style and on the wheels (wood, wire, steel artillery and tire size). Interesting looking that up as I was unaware that steel artillery wheels were available in 1933, I thought those came in starting in 1934. Another interesting thing is that apparently the two door sedan is different than the four door sedan, I’d have expected them to be the same.

I am not going to try to decipher all of that or transcribe it, but @DFeeney is correct, it varies and you should get a parts book to help figure out what you need.

Hello, Attached is a 1933 Plymouth PD rear tire mount. I bought this years ago from what I remember as a sedan made into a street rod.  The mounting holes are 11 1/4 c to c.  $75. buys it.  thanks  Don  740-816-4284  central Ohio

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

• 1 year later...