Roadster Water Leaks

Roadster90

Hi Folks !  

I post the below on the Journal and had some views, but no other suggestions - can anyone here offer any please?

Thanks,

Nic

When it poured heavily not to long ago the carpet behind the seats was soaked - actually somewhat standing water !  I wrote Barney and he described/suggested dropping the top, locating the 2 drain channels on both sides and blowing them out with a compressor.  I had no problem finding the channels and the drains at the end of the channels but when blowing they seemed clear or open.

I have dried the carpet/s well and/but somewhat afraid to leave it out in excessive wet weather (I know I will have to sooner or later).  Just curious if anyone has any experience  and or other suggestions please?  And Thanks,

Nic

*Only other thing I can add is I did leave the top down with the car in the garage for several months and somewhat of a hard time getting it fitted up again......

Unfortunate situation

All soft top cars leak

At Cadillac we called it "water management"  even with wabasto sun roofs.

That is why closed cars became the majority of sales.

You might try  holes in floor area in places to drain excess moisture

• Like 1

Mine leaks, especially when driving in rain, but I’ve always expected that from almost 90 years old car with no side windows, etc. 

Oh well..., not going to loose sleep over it. 

3 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

I suggest you get a "Volunteer" and "You" stay outside with a garden hose and go around the base of the top.

Shouldn’t the person concerned of leaks be INSIDE to observe their entry points while the “volunteer” is given the easy task of holding the garden hose ?

"Shouldn’t the person concerned of leaks be INSIDE to observe their entry points while the “volunteer” is given the easy task of holding the garden hose ?"

If he is like me, I have payed my dues laying in cramped places on uneven surfaces.  The executive position is looking for tape markers and figuring what to do.