Are you sure...

Am I sure, well yea, I mean after all I scrolled up to the top of the page and hoovered my pointer over it and clicked didn't I. And the chances of accidentally having done that are pretty slim I'd say.  Seriously, is this something I need to be asked every time. This has just started appearing in the last couple of days since the new update. KISS

image.thumb.png.52b70c34259723ef6bdbc31f29ef27cb.png

• Like 1

One of the things that I really liked with the new form software update was that the confirmation pop up window was gone when marking a forum read. I too was disappointed to see it show back up recently. I would really prefer if that setting could be changed back too. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/25/2020 at 9:21 PM, MCHinson said:

One of the things that I really liked with the new form software update was that the confirmation pop up window was gone when marking a forum read. I too was disappointed to see it show back up recently. I would really prefer if that setting could be changed back too. 

I agree with you, this is undeniably good! 

On 10/25/2020 at 6:09 AM, MrEarl said:

Am I sure, well yea, I mean after all I scrolled up to the top of the page and hoovered my pointer over it and clicked didn't I. And the chances of accidentally having done that are pretty slim I'd say.  Seriously, is this something I need to be asked every time. This has just started appearing in the last couple of days since the new update. KISS

image.thumb.png.52b70c34259723ef6bdbc31f29ef27cb.png

The software has no option to turn it off.

Peter, 

You might want to take a little bit closer to the month that he posted that, it was a little bit more than a holiday weekend. :)

Any chance the software provider might consider returning that function? That was my favorite part of the recent software change. For some time after the new version was installed, that dialog box was not there. When you went to mark a forum read, it simply marked it, without requiring the confirmation. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

I have never bothered marking read posts. 

Ben

One reason I do it is that when you mark a group "read" then the next time you scroll past that group it will be in bold if there are new posts, thereby negating the need to go there if nothing new. Another is that with my memory these days I don't want to be half way through reading a post and think "Damn, I've already read this. Or have I?"  Of course young boys like yourself don't have that problem.... 

• Haha 1