Correct Manufacturers Badge for a c30 Chrysler Made in Canada - which one?

Narve N

I have found these two different badge styles for Canadian-made Chryslers and I want to choose one of them for reproduction and be placed on my 1929 Chrysler Series 65. Anyone have insight into which one is correct for a 1929? Should the words "Made In" be included". For those of you that reckon I should have reused the original, I have also included a picture of the one that was on the car.

2091187621_CRManufacturerstagCAN.thumb.jpg.5213ded7029fe3cc86ac0dd92aeeb02c.jpg

751740903_CRManufacturerstagCANreproUSD65pr2020.jpg.d94eb286542b5bb1ab55f8b2598de6bd.jpg

20201023_143033.thumb.jpg.96a3dcaa1d0c23a00874dda875b840d4.jpg

Hi Narve N

Your sample plate is the same size as the one from my '36 Dodge. It had a red background instead of the black and said "Windsor Ontario" and "Made in Canada" I don't have a sample of earlier Chrysler manufacturer's badges but I think the black background may be correct. 

The shape of mine is like the second sample but the wording is more like the first one.  Not sure if this is helpful. Are you confused yet????

4 hours ago, 36 D2 Coupe said:

The shape of mine is like the second sample but the wording is more like the first one.  Not sure if this is helpful. Are you confused yet????

Hey,

I very much appreciate your input. The second sample is offered by a vendor on eBay and quoted (in the style eBay) to "fit 40s cars". I have also noticed the red versions which e.g. https://www.nostalgicreflections.com

do offer for late 30s cars. The one I am after is however black, I have once seen a circa 1930 period correct Canadian badge on a car video presentation - but was unable to copy any image and now I cannot find the video back. It was however black with the "oblong" shape.

Unless someone can provide further information, I will likely go for the text in my "rectangular" example including the words "Made In", but with the oblong shape.

Had a photo session/field trip with my Canadian 1929 Chrysler yesterday's  interesting light conditions. The radiator badge does say Made in Canada too.

2089881205_CRHF(9).thumb.jpg.a7e211aba44f6ad3cc95e6cb0f284634.jpg

• Like 2