We could use a back-to-top button.

With the number of topics per page increased from 25 to 40, and the already long list of forum categories, it sure would be nice to have a button that could be clicked at the bottom of the page that would auto-scroll back to the top of the page.  My computer mouse is starting to complain about all the scrolling it has to do. :)

• Thanks 1

On the mobile view getting back to the top to get to the "hamburger menu" to mark everything as read can be a pain. On the desktop view, where it is easy to get to the top of the page, there is a link for that at the bottom.

I think it is all in the CSS because if you reduce the size of the window on the desktop version it eventually switches to the mobile view in a way that I associate with CSS (though I haven't actually looked at the HTML, JavaScript or CSS for this site to be sure).

Edited by ply33
Typo (see edit history)
On 9/23/2020 at 7:43 PM, ply33 said:

On the mobile view getting back to the top to get to the "hamburger menu" to mark everything as read can be a pain. On the desktop view, where it is easy to get to the top of the page, there is a link for that at the bottom.

I think it is all in the CSS because if you reduce the size of the window on the desktop version it eventually switches to the mobile view in a way that I associate with CSS (though I haven't actually looked at the HTML, JavaScript or CSS for this site to be sure).

I know what your asking. And I know what "could" be done. But the better solution is to simply use the features of your respective browser.

Keyboard shortcuts is one solution.  Mac - Command-Up Arrow or Home key.  Windows - CTRL-Up Arrow or Home key. 

An iphone solution is to to to tap on the status bar on the top of the window.  Probably a similar action on android.

To put a "Jump to Top" link all over the page is not the solution IMHO.