1936 Dodge Accelerator Pedal and Front Engine Mount

jpage

Looking for a nice, usable gas pedal for a '36 Dodge D2 sedan. The '35 Parts book calls for no. 495993, a later book calls for no.717919. Also need a good front engine mount no.637426. Rubber must be intact and still live. '36 mount has 2  studs on top and 2 on the bottom offset.

On 9/8/2020 at 3:19 PM, jpage said:

Looking for a nice, usable gas pedal for a '36 Dodge D2 sedan. The '35 Parts book calls for no. 495993, a later book calls for no.717919. Also need a good front engine mount no.637426. Rubber must be intact and still live. '36 mount has 2  studs on top and 2 on the bottom offset.

I think this is the one Peter was referring to if you need the link:

Item # 333714396383

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1936-56-PLYMOUTH-DODGE-FRONT-MOTOR-MOUNT-DPCD-637426-ALL-6-CYLINDER/333714396383?hash=item4db2ed94df:g:g64AAOSwZxZebweH

For foot pedal try:

Item # 174112772306

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

The accelerator pedal should be available through the usual vintage Mopar parts suppliers. The engine mount too, though I'd probably get your current one revulcanized instead if I were you.

Then and Now Automotive (Antique Auto Parts Cellar) has a revulcanizing service and might have the pedal. Looks like their website is being redone and is currently broken, so a phone call is probably in order.

I have a list of vendors I've either used or heard of on my website that might be useful for you.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, jpage said:

Thanks guys. I looked at Ebay but could not find the listing. I did , however, see about a 1000 listings for a water pump that you can buy at almost any auto parts store!

That drives all of us nuts ... completely understand your frustration....

Will keep looking. Keep us posted if you find anything that will work. 
Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete, I did purchase one from Bernbaums that looks just like the one in that ad for $36.00. They both are "new" but still do not have the correct design pattern of the originals, but that's not really an issue. How many people actually notice the designs on the pedals? The originals, I believe, carry the same design as the running board mats. I have an original '37 NOS pedal that has the same deign on it. Thanks for the followup. P.S. you have to watch the year listings as '36 is different than the '37 and up pedals in the placement of the mounting hols.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)