1938 State Commander numbers?

I’ve got a 38 State Commander and recently been asked how many of them still exist. This happened twice in the last week and I didn’t have a valid answer. I’ve owned the car about 3 1/2 years and this has come up a few times. People see the headlights and think that must make the car rare. Some one told me there are less than 100 with about 10 running. I think that is very very low. My thought was 1000 - 1200 around and 400 or 500 running. 
Does anyone have a source for a more accurate count?  Is there a way to even find out how many are around?  
Not a real important fact but interesting one none the less. 
dave s 

14A78628-080F-4648-9A7B-8D428F968F49.jpeg

What do you want a breakdown of?  Only State Commanders for that year?  And only four door sedans?  Or do you want to include Presidents and the round-headlight Six models?  What about the very rare convertible sedans, and Coupe Expresses?  So far, no K5 Suburbans (station wagons) are known to have survived.

Craig

I do know Sam Belyea in WA has a '38 that is nearly identical to yours.  I rode in the back seat of that car on the Friday ASC tour both in 2003 in Sacramento and Spokane in 2005.  The other '38 I got to ride in was Carl Sandberg's 38 coupe with its fully functioning Miracle Shift transmission.

Craig

Pastor Matt’s is absolutely beautiful. Totally restored. Mine was in a barn in PA for 42 years. Original paint, rebuilt engine, trans, clutch, electrical, brakes and front suspension. Headliner is original but I redid the seats as they were in bad shape. Every time you got out of the car you had more material on your backside than was in the car. 
Maybe 100 is optimistic but 10 just seems too low. If I get asked again I think my answer will be. “Unsure but probably less than 50”. 
The roster sounds goid but I’m too busy redoing an old house right now. 
Have fun. 
dave s