1951 Dodge Wayfarer Roadster

I'm still working on mine.  That link didn't take me to the car unfortunately.  

By the base clear paint it was obviously restored or refurbished at some point.  Mine had more work done than I liked and much not really completed I'm still working on.  Even with a good car,  the amount of final details and finishing one could spend hundreds of hours on after it's painted and upholstered.  

What was the asking on this one? 

Considering what finished cars sell for yes and the amount of work needed to get this one there.  Now if it's rust free,  it's probably not ridiculous just like other cars where the bottom is higher than one would expect and the top is not far away.  

There are really crusty rusty ones for 4-5G.   Strange market to find with very small increments in price for very large increments in condition. 

• 4 months later...

Hopefully not bad karma but instead of starting a new thread I want to continue the discussion with a nice one.  I don't really like the advertisement because I feel like there is a lot of talking for a little info.  But the pictures are not horrible.  A few of the underneath would help the sales process.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-Dodge-Wayfarer-/324435849727

DRIVE THIS RARE LITTLE BEAUTY INTO THE NEW YEAR! 1949 DODGE WAYFARER CONVERTIBLE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.  A  3 ON THE TREE FLUID DRIVE TRANSMISSION THAT SHIFTS SMOOTH AS BUTTER. A SIX CYLINDER FLATHEAD ENGINE WITH ONLY 69310 ORIGINAL MILES THAT RUNS EXCELLENT, AND STARTS UP ON THE VERY FIRST TIME.  ALL GAUGES WORK & TURN SIGNALS WORK, AS THEY SHOULD. RADIO WORKS AS WELL.  THE CONVERTIBLE TOP IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. DONE IN HEAVY QUALITY BLACK CANVAS WITH A CLEAR PLASTIC REAR WINDOW.  ABSOLUTELY NO TEARS OR RIPS. FLOOR PANS ARE SOLID WITH NO RUST. TRUNK IS ALSO WITHOUT RUST. IN 1949 THE DODGE WAYFARER ROADSTERS CAME WITH UNIQUE REMOVABLE SIDE WINDOWS AND WING WINGS. ( WONDERFUL CONDITION ). BRAKES HAVE JUST BEEN GONE THOUGH, AND STOPS VERY WELL. THE WHITE WALL TIRES ARE IN GREAT SHAPE WITH LOTS OF TREAD LEFT FOR THOSE CRUISING DAYS & NIGHTS.  RED VINYL INTERIOR SEATS ARE ALSO IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITHOUT TEARS OR RIPS.  COMES WITH REAR UNPAINTED FENDER SKIRTS. NON SMOKER OWNER. ALWAYS HAS BEEN GARAGED IN MY OWNERSHIP. THIS ROADSTER TURNS HEADS EVERYWHERE WE GO WITH THUMBS UP & IS A BLAST TO DRIVE. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED IN THIS RARE LITTLE CLASSIC! BUYER PAYS FOR ALL SHIPPING COST. SOLD AS IS WHERE IS.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1