Holiday travelers

This is obviously modified but in the midst of a pandemic I thought it might be allowed.  This is from a "Jigsaw site".  Ford, Model A Woodie  perhaps.

holidays.jpg

Now I feel real dumb, me a GM lover missed the obvious.  Thank you keiser31.  By the way except for my 1930 Custom Sedan I left GM behind in 1974.  Toyota took first place until 1987 when Hyundai took over.  I have driven most of the GM's made since 1974 owned by employers but would not own one myself.

It could also be built upon one of those 1970's Glassic Industries "reproduction" model "A" Fords. It has that look of a replicar of that era- 

The slightly "off" tires  because the track & wheelbase of the suspension doesnt quite match the flow of the fenders.

Despite what you may think about the finished product, that creation took alot of skill, work and love!

118652327_3755061897856011_3527018214196971552_o.jpg

On 8/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, dustycrusty said:

It could also be built upon one of those 1970's Glassic Industries "reproduction" model "A" Fords...

Nope - Glassic made only phaetons and roadsters and a couple prototype coupes and pickups.

On 8/31/2020 at 1:15 PM, stexch said:

Might be a Shay...

Nope - Shay made only roadsters, roadster pickups, a few C-cab panel trucks, and T-Birds.  When Shay went bankrupt, Camelot bough them out and added a phaeton to the line.

On 8/27/2020 at 6:57 PM, Tinindian said:

Ford, Model A Woodie  perhaps...

Nope.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:28 PM, keiser31 said:

Looks more like a customized 1932 Chevrolet...

Also nope.

It's a kit car.  Here's a window version on an S-10 chassis:

008.JPG

009.JPG

I remember the kits but don't recall the name of them or the company that made them.  Also don't remember when they were available - probably 70s or 80s.

Edited by CHuDWah (see edit history)
  • Like 2