Anyone recognize this interior handle?

John348

Yes, my '54 Ford is in storage so I can't check right now, but my immediate thought was that crank looks very much like the ones on my car. I think some of them have chrome inserts in the center of the round handle and some of them don't. I believe it's determined by the model of car. The Mainline (basic model which mine is) doesn't have the chrome insert. OTOH, I may be thinking of the dash knobs as far as the chrome insert...may not apply to window cranks. Regardless,  here's a pic of my '54 that I believe shows the same crank.

IMG_0618.JPG

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

you mention what you thought were police car lockouts.while they may have been used for that purpose. they were also used on passenger side door when dealer retro fit of power windows used only there as the back used the winder handle location and the drivers door used the 4 switch panel covering the winder hole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 54vicky said:

you mention what you thought were police car lockouts.while they may have been used for that purpose. they were also used on passenger side door when dealer retro fit of power windows used only there as the back used the winder handle location and the drivers door used the 4 switch panel covering the winder hole.

Never occurred to me that dealer-installed poeer windows would use blockoff trim.  Thanks for pointing it out.