SEMA show is officially CANCELLED for 2020

lump

A few of us were notified earlier today, but asked to keep it quiet. But now that the official announcement has been made, I can share with you all that the 2020 SEMA show in Las Vegas has been cancelled. The SEMA Board of Directors and staff have become increasingly concerned that the facilities and necessary services required for the event might not be available, as they could not get firm commitments. I have only missed 2 SEMA shows in about 25 or 30 years. This one will be my third. 😥

16 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I am guessing refunds will be issued?

I have no idea about refunds, etc. I am no longer on the board of directors, etc. However, I do know that the SEMA staff is still wrestling with many decisions regarding this cancellation. Stay tuned. 

3 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

Thanks a lot china...

I agree, but if people, including so-called car guys, in this country and around the world would quit buying the crap so many SEMA members and others produce there, we wouldn't have as many problems associated the them.

Put the blame where it belongs...

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Guest Mark McAlpine
19 hours ago, lump said:

A few of us were notified earlier today, but asked to keep it quiet. But now that the official announcement has been made, I can share with you all that the 2020 SEMA show in Las Vegas has been cancelled. The SEMA Board of Directors and staff have become increasingly concerned that the facilities and necessary services required for the event might not be available, as they could not get firm commitments. I have only missed 2 SEMA shows in about 25 or 30 years. This one will be my third. 😥

Thanks for sharing this info with us!

3 hours ago, TTR said:

I agree, but if people, including so-called car guys, in this country and around the world would quit buying the crap so many SEMA members and others produce there, we wouldn't have as many problems associated the them.

Put the blame where it belongs...

Buy American whenever possible, even if it costs more. If you can not buy an American made item ask the person selling it why not? If we made more things here more people would have good jobs. If more people had good jobs a lot of other problems would go away as well.