1951 Super convertible *not mine*

retirednow

Maybe if he doesn't really know what engine it has,  it may not need as much work as mentioned.  He may not be mechanically inclined.  He obviously had a shop do the tranny and rear as that's not something most guys do at home.  Could be a chance to score a good deal if you are mechanically inclined.  Looks like he's ready to dump it.  Figure shop rate and he's dumped a ton in it already,  he just wants it gone before investing another dime in it. 

• Like 2

This car was local , she (Susan) also had a 1957 Dodge wagon .. I called her about the wagon, both sold ! The cars belonged to her dad and she's selling off a few.. She is also  very knowledgeable and priced the cars fairly to insure they sold quickly.

I'm going to her shop Sunday to look at another one of her dad's wagons..

Frank.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, frank carangelo said:

This car was local , she (Susan) also had a 1957 Dodge wagon .. I called her about the wagon, both sold ! The cars belonged to her dad and she's selling off a few.. She is also  very knowledgeable and priced the cars fairly to insure they sold quickly.

I'm going to her shop Sunday to look at another one of her dad's wagons..

Frank.

Can you just ask her about the engine in the Buick, as I am curious if someone changed it to a V8?  Not that it matters now, but just an interesting tidbit, sorta. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 4:46 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Can you just ask her about the engine in the Buick, as I am curious if someone changed it to a V8?  Not that it matters now, but just an interesting tidbit, sorta. 

Good morning all,

I did not purchase the estate wagon, although it was very nice,  she also has a 1960 Cadillac Eldo. for sale.. white w/red int. It's an ok driver needing a complete and very expensive restoration ..  The 1957 Dodge wagon (the car I really wanted ) was sold quickly and driven back to Massachusetts the same day !

The 1951 Super convertible  was still there, (awaiting transport) That car even with it's engine issues, was I believe was very nicely purchased at the asking price.. 

The original STRAIGHT 8 was in the car.. the V8 was a typo.   BTW the same gentleman who purchased the Dodge purchased the Buick as well.

To be honest, had i arrived first, I would have done the same!

The ask on the Eldo is 45k .  The new price on the Buick woody is 35k.. 

Stay safe............. Frank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1