Any members near Lancaster PA Interested in shipping me some Literature for $$

auburnseeker

I found a small lot of literature.  3 or 4 boxes worth in Lancaster PA,  that the seller will only sell to someone that can pick it up.  I struck a deal with him to buy it,  but he doesn't want to be bothered with shipping.  I would be happy to pay a member in the area $100 to pick it up ,  package it in a few boxes and ship it to me.  I'll gladly pay $100 for your time and cover all the shipping expenses as well including not only postage but also pay for any packing supplies.  Literature is real easy to ship and I have no problem paying for a few extra boxes to keep it light and easily manageable. 

I know with the WUFLU some may think it's risky so I only want a member that feels comfortable doing it.  If interested,  let me know. 

What ever you do don't use the USPS. About five years ago, I shipped two boxes of Woodie Times magazines to someone in the southwest and they never got there. At one time the magazine had all addresses  printed on the cover. About two months after the USPS lost the boxes I started receiving all the past issues that I sent, in the mail. Somehow the boxes were opened and someone, I presume from USPS, started sending them back to me a few at a time. All the newer editions that aren't addressed never came back. Oh, by the way, they were insured but that's a whole other fiasco. After filling out several forms, I never heard anything from the USPS.

I can pick up,  pack and ship your lit if the seller can load it in my vehicle. I have a bit of a handicap and have trouble carrying heavy boxes etc.  I'll bring in back to the shop and we will pack it up.  Of course I might have to look at what's there a bit...lol.  I went to school in Lancaster and my wife is a Lancaster girl.

16 minutes ago, 46 woodie said:

What ever you do don't use the USPS. About five years ago, I shipped two boxes of Woodie Times magazines to someone in the southwest and they never got there. At one time the magazine had all addresses  printed on the cover. About two months after the USPS lost the boxes I started receiving all the past issues that I sent, in the mail. Somehow the boxes were opened and someone, I presume from USPS, started sending them back to me a few at a time. All the newer editions that aren't addressed never came back. Oh, by the way, they were insured but that's a whole other fiasco. After filling out several forms, I never heard anything from the USPS.

I actually use the USPS daily.  Knock on wood,  have been pretty fortunate but then again,  I wrap almost bulletproof and try to keep the packages light.  When people ship me in stuff I always tell them with the USPS,  keep it under 20 lbs a box. Mine rarely  exceed 10 but that's in part because of the box sizes I use restrict it to about that.  That usually greatly increases the survival rate.  

4 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

I can pick up,  pack and ship your lit if the seller can load it in my vehicle. I have a bit of a handicap and have trouble carrying heavy boxes etc.  I'll bring in back to the shop and we will pack it up.  Of course I might have to look at what's there a bit...lol.  I went to school in Lancaster and my wife is a Lancaster girl.

I'll let you know.  I don't think it's a problem as he somehow managed to drag them out of where they were and photograph them.

Thanks