Help identify this 20's frame

sebasgo

Which one?The top one appears to have been modified into a trailer of some sort. Very unusual that it would still have the clutch and brake pedals on it. The style of "A" frame front suspension may indicate it is '40s or' 50s.

The bottom frame would be from the 1920s based upon general design and the gasoline tank cover/shield. The rear spring hangers are unusual for the '20s, that style being more common in the '10s (although that may have been a later modification?). The frame also has what appear to be the remains of front bumper brackets in a standard factory manner. THat did not become common until after 1925.

Many years ago, I had a 1928 Chevrolet frame. This looks very similar to that, with some differences on the gasoline tank shield panel and of course more common type spring shackle brackets. Could possibly be some other GM marque? Or maybe something in the Durant line. Although Durant cars were NOT part of General Motors, Billy Durant had been ousted by GM management, and tended to use some of the same outsources and general designs on the cars he was building then.

54 minutes ago, wayne sheldon said:

The style of "A" frame front suspension may indicate it is '40s or' 50s.

I saw those earlier, but take a good look.... those A arms were added, then were pointed up, welded up, then supported some large diameter axle through the A arms, and the frame looks squished by what was through there.   The front of the frame is cut off and angled up

I have no idea on bottom chassis.  I've never seen those suspension points on front or the rear before.  Looks like a heavy car, not a cheap car?

1912Staver, I am in Argentina

Yes Spring pick up points are very unusual .

I was thinking of some rare American car or one with little production series, but I can't find anything similar.
Maybe it is as you say and it is European.

101557167_861366564384059_9089862192479600640_n.jpg

93821866_162940868345846_8946826475714117632_n.jpg

Edited by sebasgo (see edit history)

• 3 months later...