Correct starter for 1995 Chevy Caprice Classic Wagon

Annie G

Hello friends,

the starter in my car is going and trying to find a correct one has been daunting.  Does anyone have one that is stock and correct?  This same starter fits Sedans, wagons in Chevy, Buick, Olds with an LT1.

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, AnniesSS said:

Hello friends,

the starter in my car is going and trying to find a correct one has been daunting.  Does anyone have one that is stock and correct?  This same starter fits Sedans, wagons in Chevy, Buick, Olds with an LT1.

Thanks so much!

your local auto parts store ie, o'reilly's or autozone will have a correct rebuilt or new starter for your chevy LT1 small block chevy 350 or 5.7 liter engine. 

Edited by pontiac1953 (see edit history)

Nope. They don't have the correct one.  The ones they have are wrong with the wrong length of bolts.  Already got 2 ordered in and they were both wrong... which is why I'm reaching out here to see if anyone actually has one out of a car that still works.

Take your old one off and take it to a rebuilder. Look up "auto electric" in your area and you may find one. The quality will be better than anything the parts stores are hawking as "rebuilt", and you know it is the right one. Good luck.

• Like 2

Finding a AC Delco parts warehouse near you shouldn't be difficult. They should be able to easily get one, and they tend to be much better quality than the Pep Boys junk that is sold. 

2 minutes ago, AnniesSS said:

Got an AC Delco and a Remi and both were different from what is in my car and don't fit. :(

Something doesn’t sound right. I serviced that platform back in the day and never had any issues getting correct parts. Did you get a Delco starter directly from Delco? That was whit I was implying. Not a Delco brand starter from a reseller.