Old Plymouth camping trip

Steve9

Saw this guy driving the ‘47 loaded with camping gear. Had to stop and get a snap of that. He said he travelled half of Wa state fishing, biking, hiking. Don’t ever let the old car slow you down! Happy trails!

F203C0BD-F8DC-4F7D-B9D1-33CEFE0BB0D9.jpeg

964816FB-0537-448B-BCBE-01AE59C192F4.jpeg

• Like 9

👍

Glad to see there still are other serious vintage car guys out there.

You didn't by chance ask if he would consider joining this site and share his experiences on the thread  "Long distance driving/traveling with vintage cars" I started after joining myself ?

1 minute ago, TTR said:

👍

Glad to see there still are other serious vintage car guys out there.

You didn't by chance ask if he would consider joining this site and share his experiences on the thread  "Long distance driving/traveling with vintage cars" I started after joining myself ?

Well... I will next time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Steve9 said:

Well... I will next time. 

Great, I hope you run into him again soon. Looks like he could have some interesting stories (& hopefully plenty of photos).

Also, remind him that while stories are (expected ?) to culminate around the use of vintage car(s) on extended driving/travel, anything & everything on those trips can be and often are interesting too, especially any (nature) “adventure”-type activities which he appears to be seeking and be well prepared for.

In the meanwhile, if you (or anyone reading this) have personal  "Long distance driving/traveling with vintage cars" experiences to share, please do so on that thread (Sorry, I don’t know how to post a direct link for it)

P.S. As I’ve mentioned on that thread, wife and I were supposed to be traveling (3000+ miles)in our old Plymouth up to/in/from Washington State right about, but this unfortunate virus problem torpedoed those plans.
We had also hoped to allevIate that disappointment with a shorter, +/-4 day trip to Yosemite and back, starting tomorrow, but due to continuing and potentially still growing CoViD spread, we decided to scrap that too.🤭

Well, in the meanwhile, I just continue to take every opportunity to do shorter (100-150 mile ?) day drives up to/in/from local mountains. Actually have preliminary plans ( fingers crossed) for two this weekend, one with my Roadster, another (test drive) with a clients 4-cam, 6 carb V12 Italian prancer.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)