Ya gotta love this DB wrecker....

keiser31

• 7 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 7:21 PM, nearchoclatetown said:

What if the serial number was D2371XX? Could you tell what year from that? I know where a truck is JUST like the one John started this thread with. I don't know the wheelbase. 

Hi Doug,

It's been over a year so I thought I'd ask....

Have you had any luck getting any frame # data from the owner of the truck you mentioned in this post? According to your post you know where a truck is just like the one on topic. 

Regards
Dave

No worries, was just hoping to clear up any questions others had and gain some answers. If you do remember it sometime please let us know along with photos if possible. 

Personally, I still believe the body style of the truck on topic was phased out after late 1929 early 1930 models as suggested by the poster of 1930 models along with confidential bulletins. Even with a 1931 Plymouth in the window that still doesn't prove anything. Lord knows the tow truck on topic could have been purchased several years prior and dolled up for the photo to make it appear new, but the fact remains the dealership started in 1929 so anything is possible.  However, if anyone like yourself comes across a truck such as the one you describe compared to this one on topic and can prove it's a 31 or 32 with a pre 1930 body style then that might rewrite all we know about the models and body styles, which is why it's so important. 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)