Rally wheel prep for paint

arnulfo de l.a.

Greetings men thought I would share my wheel prep for paint. Plan to paint myself. Bought a cheap harbor freight gun to do the job. Will be my first time ever so wish me luck. Before I started with the disc wheel I sand blasted all the heavier rust deposits off. I used aluminum oxide for blast media. I plan on painting the entire wheel. Will use an epoxy primer then a two stage base coat clear coat.  Color will be satin black

ACCDA00C-0B28-49F9-9EBC-BD408999975C.jpeg

F0E24180-6675-45F4-943A-8A5CD51AEFA4.jpeg

B6BE2A7D-35FD-4CA4-83C1-5A3761169A7F.jpeg

• Like 1

You are setting a great example for how a metal work piece is prepared. From what read you have a solid plan. I’m confident your project will be very good. Thank you for putting it out on the forum. I know for certain that is a lot of hard work you put in prepping the wheel.

Turbinator

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)

On 6/15/2020 at 1:56 PM, arnulfo de l.a. said:

Thanks turbinator. Have seen what you do with the wheel covers so your words of encouragement are taken to heart

Sir, back to you with respect regarding prep for your Rallye wheel. The chrome segment is first rate. Getting the paint to adhere looks like no problem. I understand , as you do the time put in to clean those rascals.

Turbinator

• Like 1