Help ID this 1930's roadster door

alsfarms

HELP....  I have this roadster door and need some help to identify exactly what it is?  Take a look and help me if you can.  I can provide measurements if that will help with the ID.  Secondly, I am looking for a mate to this door if you have one that you are not using.

Al

ACtC-3cGz2N6iOJ8F6dYtPwmxN323UAo04fTtQmc-zhy4iGMMfZ4vU67S20u6hzlSp0yDWh6vaqeYJA7TVwRadWeM6-y7S6EfBN-B-DUxX4pdmsOyA8I9It6S3gMTQQhySDIfJrtCRJwhsvNExvBzSMzOCQ4=w1214-h910-no

4 hours ago, viv w said:

Hi Alan,

It looks very similar to 1930/1 Willy's Knight or ordinary Willy's

Regards

Viv

I feel sure poor old John North W must turn in his grave every time his name is spelt with an apostrophe. Google spell check has a lot to answer for.

• Like 1

Hello,  With the "hint" being the door is possibly being a Willys product, I googled pictures of Willys roadsters.  I don't think the door is Willys.  The belt line is not quite right and the bottom of the door is smooth with no belt line on it at all.  Does anyone else have thoughts on the mystery door?  I suppose that this door could be off some real obscure "Make" but I doubt it.  The inner structure is all wood.  How does this door compare with Buick or some of the other GM brands?

Good thought!  I will check out 1929 and 1930 Studebaker roadsters.  I do not think it is 1931 or 1932 Studebaker as those years were coupe roadsters with roll up windows, (this door is true roadster with no window).

Al

OK, I did the Google trick and looked up pictures of 1930 Studebaker roadsters.  It is not an 8 cylinder roadster door.  However, please see the 1930 6 cylinder roadster picture.  I think we have a match.  Please share your thoughts.  That was a very goo hint about using the door handle as a key to at least determine the make of manufacture.  Does any Studebaker enthusiast know how many years shared this same door?

Al

th?id=OIP.f3mxnHBAkY9izh2kobkg5QHaF1&pidI will try to load a larger picture so more detail can be seen.

Edited by alsfarms
clarity (see edit history)