62 lesabre 2 speed wiper motor ground strap

drhach

Can anyone point in the direction of one of these? I bought a used motor to rebuild and the brass strap is broken. I can run a stranded wire if I have to. But I'd rather find a replacement if possible. So far, I've been able to find rubber grommets and whatnot, but no love on the ground strap. Anyone know a resource for these?  

Thanks, Dan 

So, typical GM wiper motor grounds through the dash switch for both wiper motor and washer solenoid. Then why a ground strap on the motor?🤔

To make the PARK switch work! The switch that completes the circuit so the wiper blades park out of driver's view.👍

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Joe, I did watch your video. It was great. In fact, I think I've watched every video on your website. Good stuff.

I am by no means an expert. I was able to find the service instructions for the motor. I got it all apart. Everything checked out electrically and the brushes looked good. In spite of that the stupid thing still doesn't work. I did some troubleshooting on the windings and everything is right. But obviously it isn't. For the time being, I put back on the shelf to be messed with at a later date. I have a functioning 1 speed wiper in the car now. Kind of disappointing, but I'll get to it eventually.