Video of an old REO tanker truck being moved out of the woods after 35 years...

Lebowski

Dave posted some nice pics but this is a 32 minute video that shows all of the work that it took for these guys to get the truck out of there including using a chainsaw, torch, sledgehammers, jacks, 3 pieces of heavy equipment, etc. It was a big job but they made it happen....

Edited by Lebowski (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I knew this was coming at some point. One of the fellows with an excavator had a drone and a camera on a tripod and was filming it. I bet it took a while to load on you tube. Thanks for posting, Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dandy Dave said:

I knew this was coming at some point. One of the fellows with an excavator had a drone and was filming it. I bet it took a while to load on you tube. Thanks for posting, Dandy Dave! 

Were you in the video like someone above said you were? You guys didn't do all that in one day, did you? It must have cost several thousand dollars for all of those guys and equipment to do all of that or did they do it for free? Please post some pics of the truck as it's being restored....

Not sure on whether Ryley paid those guys or if they just helped out? Yeah. That was me on the Komatsu track loader with the dipstick in hand showing that the engine was full of fuel. Also in the back ground in the film in places. I pretty much stayed out of the way or directed traffic when they finally got out to the road. Luckily the road was very quiet that day. The fuel tank on the track loader was empty. A sure sign that the pump on the engine had bad seals or failed. Also, no can on the exhaust for who knows how long? With water pouring through every time it rains or snows pretty much a given that the engine is seized. If it was a Caterpillar it would be worth rebuilding as it would be worth 3 times what a Komatsu is on the market.  Glad to see so many younger folks with all that ambition. The hobby certainly isn't dead. It took two Saturdays on the site to move it. I'm sure it took more to prepare for the move. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 2