Dad and another car ... who knows where?

This is a pic of my dad (born in 1912) that was taken somewhere other than Curacao (most of the pics I have been posting are from Curacao). No notation on the back and this is not my mother... LOL. During WWII, Dad worked both in New York (1940-spring 1942) and also in Jackson, Mississippi, until fall 1943.  If it's other than those years, then he could have been anywhere... 

Thank you all!   

Jennifer

Dad in a cold climate somewhere.jpg

The 1933 Ford deluxe roadster, the plethora of other cars and motorbike (and some threatened aeroplanes) posted here and now this? That man had impeccable taste in automobiles! A wonderful treat to see. 

As stated,  1940 Plymouth, most likely a cabriolet , and (by the roadside geology and flora) possibly somewhere in the northern Appalachians.

616898.jpg

• Like 1

I think other states were similar but in NY state some years they ran 2 plates and others they only had one.  55 was a single plate.  In 56 They gave you a little tag for the corner,  then you got new plates in 57 and I think it was a pair that year.  Seems to be no rhyme or reason.