37 Plymouth - Grommet for Steering Column

LarryA

I'm looking for a replacement part or other solution for closing up the opening around the steering column.  I have attached a photo which shows whats left of the original piece.  Does anyone know where I could get a replacement part for this?  My 37 Plymouth is still basically an original car and I would prefer to keep it that way.  Any help is much appreciated.

Larry

IMG_0284.jpg

• 2 months later...

Rondo:  Thanks for the photos.  I also created a homemade solution (at least temporarily) by installing a rubber roof vent boot around the steering column to cover the opening.  Doesn’t look great, but it keeps the ai/debris out.  Hopefully I can figure out a more elegant, aesthetically-pleasing solution in the future.  Thanks again for your input.

• 1 month later...

This may sound complicated, but there is a solution.  I could not find the column grommet for my 36 either.  I ended up using 3d software to create it digitally, then printed it with 3d printer.  Using that plastic model I mold a silicon mold and then was able to cast a new part to fit.  I going someone with a 3d printed that also helped with the software, so that's a big part of it.  But it is doable.

IMG_20191013_180034637.jpg