Riviera 1966 Instrument Cluster Printed Circuit

Riviman

While there are a great many differences between 66/67 I believe the printed strip is same considering what it operates. Gauges, panel lights, speed alert or cruise are same for 66-67. Nevertheless comparing each circuit track one at a time as you are doing is a good idea.

• Like 2

Thanks, I took both side by side and see no difference.  As for 66-67 differences, there are many. BTW early and late 66's have plenty of differences also. Alternator harness wiring, interior door stampings and roof rail supports for shoulder belts.  A lot of changes were made for changing times and laws coming into being. That's just a start of the list of things that are different in 66 alone.

Henry,

I did the same repair on the printed circuit board on a dishwasher because we had just moved into our house, had many associated bills and a new board was $300...the dishwasher performed flawlessly for 20 years until my wife had to have a new one...the new one was broken within a year.

Tom

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ahhh Haa !  There is a difference. You can use a 67 on a 66 but not a 66 on a 67 without modification. The 67 has the hole in it for the fiber lite cable to the wiper switch. That's the only difference.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Riviman said:

Ahhh Haa !  There is a difference. You can use a 67 on a 66 but not a 66 on a 67 without modification. The 67 has the hole in it for the fiber lite cable to the wiper switch. That's the only difference.

Hi Henry,

If you have a couple comparison pics that would be great

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

Another thought. Did you find out what shorted to burn out the circuit???  IF not next time because of the added capacity of the strands of wire will probably cause a fire by 1st. melting the plastic & you know where it goes from there.