Fuel tank gas gage pressure sender

DBKissel

Hi everyone,

I just removed the gas tank on my 1927 Kissel Brougham to inspect/ clean / and maybe replace with a Stainless Steel replica.  The dash fuel level gauge works when slight pressure is applied to the feed tube.  Not sure of the sender because I just bought the car and it has fuel pump issues [or the mess inlet screen is too plugged].   My question is this- Is there anyplace where one can find a replacement sender?  Is there any info on how this sender operates?  I would think there is a float connected to a piston plunger that creates the pressure to the gauge when the level is higher.  Worse case is I don't replace it and live with no level gauge.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.1363767759_27Gastakoutletandlevelgauge.thumb.jpg.f5d68cc36fa951c652e63f809d2f0970.jpg

The 1930 Rolls Royce 20/25 also used a similar gage and tank unit. It had some holes in the tubes. I was told most don't work and are finnicky when they are right. Dandy Dave!  

Thx Dave,

I got a reference from the SS tank maker for John Wolf & Co out of Willoughby OH that will repair the sender.  He needs me to send the dash gauge also to calibrate it.  JW too inferred the readings are marginal and with that I decided since this is mostly a museum car, I will keep track of how much gas is put in when doing a trip.  I can't image a drive of more than 20- 30 miles.  Bottom line I will have a 2.5 inch port put in on top with a gasketed  cover.  The "next" owner can try if he feels like it.