68 "Filler panel for door hinge area thingy"

Chimera

Take the panel out. Get a piece of fiberglass cloth, and adhere the fiberglass to the back of the panel with some two part epoxy adhesive.  Work it in with a body putty spreader. When you're finished,  you might be able to see where the crack was, but if so, sand the panel to create some plastic dust. Then put a line of slow drying clear clue along the crack and put your plastic dust in the glue and work it in up and down the crack. When everything has throughly dried, sand it smooth and repaint the entire panel.  I did this to a cracked door panel on my old Blazer. It was really strong and you couldnt find the crack even on close inspection. 

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

Take the panel out. Get a piece of fiberglass cloth, and adhere the fiberglass to the back of the panel with some two part epoxy adhesive.  Work it in with a body putty spreader. When you're finished,  you might be able to see where the crack was, but if so, sand the panel to create some plastic dust. Then put a line of slow drying clear clue along the crack and put your plastic dust in the glue and work it in up and down the crack. When everything has throughly dried, sand it smooth and repaint the entire panel.  I did this to a cracked door panel on my old Blazer. It was really strong and you couldnt find the crack even on close inspection. 

That sounds like a sturdy solution. 

I have two full sets of door jamb panels that can be painted whatever color you need. I have a third set that has a crack in the passenger side panel. 

PM me if interested. 

I will not break up these sets. 

USPS Priority Mail Postage will be calculated to your location. 

Set #1: gray plastic with blotchy blue paint; no cracks

$75 /set

20200308_111227.thumb.jpg.73da1e1f398a9f3428d13b5ca4d069a0.jpg

Set #2: Unpainted gray plastic; no cracks; Excellent condition 

$100 /set

20200308_111224.thumb.jpg.fcdb1d1cc8890cbb88de7158849d83b0.jpg

Set #3: White plastic with old remnants of blotchy silver paint; passenger side panel has a crack on the outside edge. 

$40 / set

20200308_111214.thumb.jpg.9cba6582eb4faedcc4aa7666305cfa1a.jpg

20200308_111219.thumb.jpg.6da4005b78f45808c69e45f8e4240ce4.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1