Motor Mounts

Danteval1

Hello,

I cant find clear information relating to the 1989 Reatta motor mounts. It seems the 1988 and 1989 are slightly different. If you can post the part number and its location in the engine bay, that would be helpful. The web page is typically out of service when ever a link for it is posted. 

Best,

Dante Arthurs

The only mount I have had to replace is the "dog bone" mount on top of the engine - simple to replace if you have a floor jack to hold the engine up to facilitate replacing.  See if someone on the forum has a spare factory manual you could purchase reasonably.  I think these mounts may be available through regular parts retailers/wholesalers.......or if not I also would think some of our forum members might be able to help you out with used items as well.

Opps .....if you have or are in adverse high mileage and or weather affected locations there may be bottom mounts affected as well ......

Edited by Roadster90 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Danteval1 said:

Hello,

I cant find clear information relating to the 1989 Reatta motor mounts. It seems the 1988 and 1989 are slightly different. If you can post the part number and its location in the engine bay, that would be helpful. The web page is typically out of service when ever a link for it is posted. 

Best,

Dante Arthurs

From the 86-93 E Body Parts and Illustration Catalogue:

The "dog Bone" engine mount part # 17986841 is '88 thru '91 Reatta (including convertible) and '88 thru '92 Riviera.

Lower engine mount part # 17998659 is '89 thru '90 Reatta (except convertible) and '89 thru '90 Riviera.

Tranny mount RH part # 1646517 is '89 thru '90 Reatta (except convertible) and '89 thru '90 Riviera.

Tranny mount LH part # 17996396 is '89 thru '91 Reatta (including convertible) and  '89 thru '91 Riviera.