correct nuts,bolts and screw and other parts.

I have a 1948 Pontiac, There is a company that has packages of the correct nuts and bolts for muscle cars into the late 60's. But I cannot find any company that carries the same for "Pontiacs" or GM of the 40's. To be showroom or even close-- bolts and things like the part# 8.080 hood catch lower plate or the glove box itself. The California Pontiac Restoration Parts  may be of use but they have a terrible catalogue and they also use a lot of "universal parts plus every time I have called the price was different from the cat. there's got to be a company that deals with 40's pontiac cars not trucks. I find a lot of "universal" parts.

I feel your pain. AFAIK that doesn't exist for any older cars. Especially Pontiacs. There aren't enough cars, let alone restorers. Scavenge original parts and replate them. Or, make them if you have to. With some help from another forum member I made a headlight reflector screw for my 36 the other day.

Repro stuff for Chevrolet probably has a lot of overlap, so maybe some stuff would be at The Filling Station or Chevs Of The 40s. I wouldn't hold my breath. Quality of reproduction parts is often bad. The cheap versions are apparently the ones that sell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...